Tuition & Grant/Aid
By choosing a Catholic school, a family is choosing to invest in a child's future. A future of college and career success, but more importantly the daily reminder to strive towards eternal reward in heaven. A Catholic school education is a financial investment, and our graduates and their families would attest that it is well worth it!
The tuition breakdown is found below followed by more information on how our school works to make Catholic education affordable and accessible for all families who seek it.
Tuition Rates 2016-2017
|Half-day Option- Tue./Wed./Thurs.||$3,000.00|
|All-day Option- Tue./Wed./Thurs.||$4,900.00|
|Half-day Option-Monday thru Friday||$4,340.00|
|Transitional Option- Mon./Wed./Fri.- half-day
|All-day Option- Monday thru Friday||$7180.00|
|Grade 6-Grade 8||$7,180.00**|
Fees & Deposits
- * There is an additional $50.00 technology fee for students in grades K-5.
- ** There is an additional $100.00 technology fee for students in grades 6-8
- A new student registration fee of $100.00 is required upon registering and is non-refundable.
- A returning student re-enrollment deposit of $100.00 is deducted from the tuition.
Grant & Aid
It is understood and appreciated the financial commitment and sacrifice families undertake in deciding to send their children to a Catholic school. Although paying for education is first and foremost the responsibility of a family, each school, parish and the Archdiocese of Baltimore devote significant funds each year to financial aid programs that help assist families. In turn, our school communities benefit by attracting students that otherwise would not be able to attend our schools.
There are four potential sources of funding to assist your family in making a Catholic education a reality. To be considered for any or all of the grants below, you must apply online through FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment which helps the Archdiocese, parish, and school in determining grant awards to new and current families. The deadline to submit an application through FACTS is
February 28 for the following school year.
Catholic Family Grants
This grant awarded by St. John the Evangelist School is available for families with multiple children and is based on the number of children in a household incurring tuition expense.
- St. John the Evangelist Parish: In order to qualify for a parish grant, the family must be an active parishioner at St. John who demonstrates financial need or has multiple children enrolled in the school, a discernible donation of time and talents in support of the parish, as well as regular attendance at Mass. In addition, the family must have completed all information in FACTS for Grant and Aid. The continuance of the award is contingent upon the continuance of active participation in the parish and payment in full of all prior year outstanding tuition. Please complete this form: Parish Tuition Grant Form 2017 and submit to Pastor Monsignor Rick Cramblitt by March 1, 2017.
- Parishioners at other Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Baltimore: Contact the pastor of your parish to inquire about parish award opportunities.
Archdiocese of Baltimore Awards
Proposed priorities for tuition assistance are:
- Previous award recipients who still demonstrate financial need and attend an AOB Catholic School
- New awardees in an AOB Catholic School with great financial need
- Previous award recipients who still demonstrate financial need and attend a non-AOB Catholic School
- Remaining applicants in any Catholic school with demonstrated financial need
BOOST (Broadening Options and Opportunities for Students Today)
The Broadening Options and Opportunities for Students Today (BOOST) Program provides scholarships for students who are eligible for the free or reduced–price lunch program to attend eligible nonpublic schools.The BOOST program was established in March 2016 by the Maryland General Assembly. We expect the application deadline for 2017 to be similar to the July 11, 2016 deadline.
Please view the FACTS instruction sheet to apply online. The application period for the 2016-17 school year opens on November 2016 and closes on February 2, 2017.
FACTS is the tuition management and grant and aid platform used by the schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. All families are asked to create an account with FACTS to manage their tuition payments. The grant and aid application is housed on the same platform for every school, parish, and the Archdiocese of Baltimore assistance. Therefore, a family need apply only once for possible support from these various sources.