Extended Day Care (EDC)
The Extended Day Care (EDC) service at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School (SJE) delivers supervision and care by qualified personnel. Our program is licensed by the State of Maryland. Our service is designed to serve children enrolled at SJE School. Both before and after care are available Monday through Friday on school days only.
Per state regulations, registration and EDC emergency forms must be completed and signed before a student will be allowed to attend.
|Before care||7:15--7:50 am||School's Tech Lab|
|After care||3:00-6:00 pm||Music House (located behind school)|
- If the opening of school is delayed one hour due to weather, EDC will begin at 9:15; if delayed two hours, EDC begins at 10:15.
- If school closes early, EDC will dismiss the same number of hours earlier, e.g. if school dismisses two hours early, after care also closes two hours early at 4:00 p.m. instead of 6:00 p.m.
- After care is offered for most of the noon dismissal days on the school calendar. There is no after care on the first day of school.
- Parents or guardians must enter the school building to sign-in their child(ren) to before care in the Tech Lab; likewise, parents or guardians must enter the Music House to sign-out their child(ren) from after care.
- After care includes a balanced snack and time to complete homework before playtime.
- Once you have registered, you will choose a payment schedule, e.g. by month, by trimester, or payment in full.
- For questions regarding EDC billing or registration, please contact Mary Beth Bressler at 410-592-9585.
- For other EDC questions, please contact Mrs. Meg Hight.
Annual rates for part-time registration/child
|Before Care||After Care|
|1 day/week||$180||$ 612|
Annual Rates for full-time registration (4-5 days per week)
|1 child||$ 900||$2,700|
Drop-in rate per use per child